Meet Dr. Deborah Kennedy, ND PhD
Naturopathic Doctor and Researcher
Dr. Deborah Kennedy, BSc MBA ND PhD
I’m Dr. Deborah Kennedy, a licensed naturopathic doctor (ND) in Ontario, with a focus on women’s health and cancer support. With more than 15 years of clinical experience as an ND, my background is varied also includes many years in the corporate world, extensive involvement in the research community and a student of Reiki for over 30 years. I believe we need to balance science with tradition and evidence with experience to best support optimal health and healing.
Before becoming an ND, I spent many years in the corporate world, helping organizations solve problems. As I climbed the corporate ladder, I realized that I had moved far away from the people that I was helping. I wanted to see the positive impact that my solutions were having and have that one-on-one understanding and face-to-face interaction.
So, I returned to school to complete the rigorous 4-year naturopathic doctoral program at the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine and then completed my PhD in Pharmaceutical Sciences. I believe that ongoing learning is essential to quality patient care and have most recently completed the exclusive Terrain based Treatment™ Practitioner Certification so that I can better serve those navigating a cancer journey.
I first become involved in natural medicines research as a student at the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine. Then in 2009, I was presented with a career development grant from the SickKids Foundation to pursue my PhD in Pharmaceutical Sciences. To this day, I continue to participate in research projects, am an Academic editor for a number of journals and peer-review manuscripts prior to publication.
Perform an automatic PubMed search to see my list of publications.
Credentials & Education
- Naturopathic Doctorate (ND) from Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine
- Post-doctoral Clinical Residency at Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine
- PhD in Pharmaceutical Sciences with a Collaborative Specialization in Biomedical Toxicology from the University of Toronto
- Terrain Based Treatment™ Certified Practitioner by the Metabolic Approach to Cancer Mastermind Program
- Healthy Breast Teacher Program by Dr. Sat Dharam Kaur, ND
- Environmental Medicine. Dr. Walter Crinnion, ND
- Phytotherapy: Advanced Learning, Research and Clinical Applications. Dr. Bruno Chacornac, MD ND
- Advances in Women’s Health Symposium. Tori Hudson, ND 2019, 2020, 2021
- Women’s Health Research Update. Dr. Tori Hudson, ND 2020, 2021 .
- Advanced Clinical Nutrigenomic Training. Nutrition Genome
- Methylation & Clinical Nutrigenomics. Ben Lynch, ND
- Methylation & clinical Nutrigenomics: Latest Findings & Updates. Ben Lynch, ND
- Integrated Genetics: Detoxification and Estrogen Metabolism. Penny Kendall-Reed, ND
- Integrated Genetics: Exercise and Cardio Health. Dr. Penny Kendall-Reed, ND
- Integrated Genetics: Diet and Metabolism. Dr. Penny Kendall-Reed, ND
- Advanced Modalities and Supportive care for your Cancer Patients. Dr. Dickson Thom, ND
- College of Naturopathic Doctors Ontario (CONO)
- Ontario Association of Naturopathic Doctors (OAND)
- Canadian Association of Naturopathic Doctors (CAND)
How I Can Help
Whether you’re dealing with problematic periods, sleep problems during perimenopause, anxiety from hormonal swings, or other women’s health concerns—naturopathic medicine can give you answers and relief.
Terrain based Treatment™
Whether you want to minimize the side effects of treatments, strengthen your body after cancer care, or reduce your risk of recurrence—Terrain Based Treatment™ is a revolutionary and comprehensive approach to help you thrive through your cancer journey.